Thank you for visiting Cogni Care’s career section!
Cogni Care Inc. is seeking a part-time Occupational Therapist to join our team.
We have flexible employment models and are able to hire therapists as employees or to contract with an exceptionally experienced OT who has an existing clinical practice.
[Position status: Open]
- Objective, standardized assessment of cognitive and physical functioning
- Assessment and rehabilitation of functional independence in basic and instrumental ADL’s
- Development of cognitive rehabilitation plans and initiating referrals within service provider networks for other needs
- Collaborating with employers and family doctors to develop and implement return to work plans
- Job demands analysis and recommendations for graduated return to work based on principles of cognitive rehabilitation and models of executive function
- Assessment and development of adaptive strategies and aids that maximize functional independence and capacity for work
- Supervision of rehabilitation assistants and community support workers
- Licensed to practice Occupational Therapy in British Columbia (COTBC)
- At minimum, 3 years of experience working with ABI clients (this can be accumulated over the last 10 years of clinical practice)
- Recent experience and knowledge of best practices in concussion management and return to work planning
- At minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Therapy (Master’s preferred)
- Valid BC Driver’s license and access to a vehicle
If you enjoy working independently and within a multi-disciplinary team specialized in providing services to individuals with acquired brain injuries, we look forward to hearing from you.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume/CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, but are only able to contact those whose applications we will be pursuing further.