Thank you for visiting Cogni Care’s career section!
Cogni Care Inc. is a locally owned and run company that provides community-based rehabilitation and support services, operating on Southern Vancouver Island since 1999. The organization was founded on the mission to fill gaps in available community services for people living with the outcomes of acquired brain injuries.
In 2009, we expanded our mandate to provide Occupational Therapy (OT) services and more recently these OT services began to include services for those with mental health conditions and physical injuries. Cogni Care is also developing, and currently incubating, cognitive support services for older adults with mild to moderate neurocognitive disorders.
We are looking to add another Occupational Therapist to our team.
This is a contract position, with the flexibility to complement other work or personal commitments. We have longstanding relationships with several regional funding sources such as WorkSafeBC, ICBC and Island Health, and provide sliding scale services for clients and families without third party funding.
[Position status: Open]
- Objective, standardized assessment of cognitive, mental health and physical functioning
- Assessment and rehabilitation of functional independence in basic and instrumental ADL’s
- Development of cognitive rehabilitation plans
- Initiation of referrals within service provider networks as needed
- Collaboration with employers and family doctors to develop and implement return to work plans
- Job demands analysis and recommendations for graduated return to work based on principles of cognitive rehabilitation and models of executive function
- Assessment and development of adaptive strategies and aids that maximize functional independence and capacity for work
- Supervision of rehabilitation assistants and community support workers
- Licensed to practice Occupational Therapy in British Columbia (COTBC)
- At minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Therapy (Master’s preferred)
- At minimum, 2 years of experience working in at least one of the following areas (can be accumulated over the last 7 years):
- Physical injury
- Mental health
- Brain injury
- Preference will be given to applicants with recent experience/training and knowledge of best practices in return to work planning, concussion management, and/or exposure therapy
- Minimum $5mil professional liability insurance
- Valid first aid and CPR certification
- Valid BC driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Up to date vaccination status, as per current Island Health requirements
- Access to a secure Internet connection and computer (work-related software and applications provided)
What Cogni Care offers
- Competitive contractor rates
- Collegial multi-disciplinary and community-based team
- Access to a skilled team of rehabilitation workers and assistants
- A culture of continuous learning and commitment to advancing clinical excellence
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent administrative support and virtual infrastructure
How to Apply
Please send your resume/CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you and thank all applicants in advance for their interest. We are only able to contact those whose applications we will be pursuing further.